Bethlem Art Fair 2023: Call out for artwork
Works will be displayed at Bethlem Gallery, as well as on our social media channels.
- All creative media welcome: ceramics, sculpture, textiles, painting, drawing, photography, prints.
- All artworks must be unframed.
- Maximum size is A2.
- All artworks are for sale.
- The maximum price for 1 artwork is £250.
- Prices can include a voluntary 15% gallery commission that helps us with the costs of putting on the art fair.
- Each artist will have at least 1 artwork on display in the gallery space.
- Artists are responsible for transporting their work to and from the gallery.
- Artists must be 18 years old or older.
How do I get my artworks to the gallery?
You can deliver or post your artworks to us using the address on the submission form to reach us any time between 1 September and 14 October 2023.
Please let email@example.com know that you have sent works by post so that we can look out for them.
If you are unable to get to a post office or visit the gallery, please contact us and we might be able to arrange a collection for you.
Every year Bethlem Gallery runs the Founders Awards that aim to recognise the work of some of the most exciting new artists to join the gallery. We will invite a special guest working in the contemporary art field to come and select the 2 new artists. They will each receive £100 to spend on art materials. Only artists who have used the services of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust are eligible to be considered for the Founders Award. By sending artwork to us for the fair, you will be automatically entered for consideration. We will also award commendations.
This year you are invited to submit works – if you would like to – in response to a set theme. The theme is ‘surface’, inspired by the upcoming Keith Clapson exhibition ‘Touching the Surface’. All themed entries will be automatically entered into consideration for the themed award. We will award 1 artist £100 in materials. We will also award commendations. The theme is optional and not all art entries have to fit this theme.
Support in submitting or pricing your work
We have slots available for 1:1 advice sessions if needed on Fridays. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis and can be by phone or in person.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Gallery team on
Tel: 020 3228 4101
Download the submission form here.