Bethlem Art Fair 2021: Call out for artwork
Bethlem Gallery invites artists, patients, service users, staff and volunteers connected to the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust to contribute up to 3 artworks to the Bethlem Art Fair 2021 that will be open from 27th November – 23rd December.
We plan to open the gallery to exhibit a limited number of artworks and at the same time, make a selection of artworks available to buy via an online shop. This way we hope to enable access for as many people as possible, considering those who are unable to visit the gallery.
- All creative media welcome: painting, drawing, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, photography, prints.
- All artworks must be unframed
- Maximum size is A2
- All artworks are for sale, the maximum price for 1 artwork is £150
- Prices can include a voluntary 15% gallery commission that helps us with the costs of putting on the art fair
- Each artist will have at least 1 artwork on display in the gallery space
- A selection of artworks will be chosen to feature in the Bethlem Art Fair 2021 online shop
How do I get my artworks to the gallery?
You can deliver or post your artworks to us using the address on the last page of this call out to reach us by 22nd October at the latest.
If you are shielding and cannot get to a post office or visit the gallery, please contact us and we might be able to arrange a collection for you.
Every year Bethlem Gallery runs the Founders Awards that aims to recognise the work of some of most exciting new artists to join the gallery. This year we are also offering 1 award to an established artist who has really developed their work over the past year. We will invite a special guest working in the contemporary art field to come and select the 2 new artists and 1 established artist for the award where they receive £100 to spend on art materials. Only artists who have used SLaM services are able to be considered for the Founders Award. By sending artwork to us for the fair, you will be automatically entered for consideration.
Download the submission form including more information here:
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact:
or Sam Curtis:
Tel: 0203 228 4101